FOOD SESSION „UK & Brexit“
With its 65 million consumers, the UK is the 2nd largest food and drink market in Europe. In 2019, 71% of the UK’s imported food and drink was from the EU.
Ties between Germany and Wales have traditionally been strong. Benefiting from the support of the Welsh government and a strong local supply chain, German businesses like Aldi and Lidl have invested in Wales over the years and continue to grow.
In this webinar we look ahead and address both the challenges and opportunities for the UK Food & Drink Market in 2021: What are the key consumer trends and growth segments? How does Brexit affect the food and drink market and trade with Europe? And how can German food and drink companies benefit from forming a local supply chain in Wales?
Attend this webinar if you:
• Want to hear from a UK embassy expert about how Brexit affects the market and trade
• Want to learn the key trends in the UK Food & Drink market
• Are interested in forming a local supply chain to meet customers’ demands in the UK
• Dr. Annika Schröder, Managing Director foodactive
• Ms. Emma McGeown, Senior Food & Drink Analyst, Mintel
• Ms. Kaeshini Sivananthan, Adviser: EU and Economic Section, British Embassy Berlin
• Ms Fuling Li, Senior Manager: Food Division, Department of Economy, Skills and Natural Resources, Welsh Government